Let’s Impact The World Together
- Metta World Peace was lead on a team that led the lime green color initiative, which Capitol Hill now recognizes as the color for May mental health month, in partnership with Congresswoman Napolitano. She also presented Metta World Peace with a Certificate of Congressional Recognition for his work on Mental Health in Schools Act of 2009
- Metta World Peace was awarded the J. Walter Kennedy Award— the NBA’s highest Citizenship Award, which is also voted on by the Sports Media — in April, 2011 for his work in Mental Health.
- Board Member of UCLA Resnick Psychiatric Center
- World Peace is the first non-UCLA person to be awarded the UCLA Health System C I Care Award.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) honored Metta World Peace with a Special Recognition Award for his work to raise awareness of mental health issues and for his financial support of charities that provide services for children.
- Awarded Mental Health award by Los Angeles County Department
Artest University focuses on teaching the youth the importance of parenting and partnerships through social impact, entrepreneurship and sports.
Support Artest University by donating today.
Artest University, Inc., formerly known as Xcel University was founded in September 2007 by former NBA star Metta World Peace and changed it’s name to Artest University in May 2019.
Artest University has sponsored educational scholarships for numerous youth to attend private high school, colleges, and has sent monetary support to organizations that provide services to empower communities in New York City, Los Angeles, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Little Rock, and Nashville
Between our master educators and CTO, Metta is launching a real University from the ground up that will focus on entrepreneurship, sports, technology, wellness, healthcare, childcare, nursing, psychology, math, real estate and business.
Artest University will also launch with a basketball team with student athletes looking to excel in sports and business.
Artest University 501c3 is raising $500k. Donate at your own risk.
Lets Impact The World!
Wellness and Positive Health
Mental health awareness is now a big time trend, but it is a major focal point of Artest University. Metta World Peace has been an advocate of mental health sharing openly his mental health journey with the public most recently through his documentary with Showtime “Quiet Storm: The Ron Artest Story.” In the United States alone, almost half of adults (46.4 percent) will experience a mental illness during their lifetime. We are seeking to change the narrative and remove the stigma about mental health by educating the public in partnerships with organizations like NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness). The more educated the public becomes about mental health the more prepared those in need can be in getting the assistance required and daily management of their needs as well as the support of family and friends.
“Like all learning, financial education is a process that should begin at an early age and continue throughout life. This cumulative process builds the skills necessary for making critical financial decisions that affect one’s ability to attain the assets, such as education, property, and savings, that improve economic well-being.” – Alan Greenspan
Financial literacy is a key component to surpassing socioeconomic boundaries. Artest University actively seeks to enhance the financial literacy amongst youth and adults.
Education is a fundamental component of Artest University. We promote continuing education assisting the youth in obtaining scholarships to the University of their choice.
Artest University believes that sport activities provide children with discipline, team building skills, stress reduction, and community. Statistics show that children especially in underprivileged communities benefit greatly from participating in team sports. For many children sports activities is a gateway to excelling academically through scholarships potentially leading to careers as professional athletes. Artest University supports various communities through the elevation of participation in team sports & activities.